Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Eight months

Well, eight months have passed since we found ourselves attaining waitlist status. As with international adoption, timelines are subject to change (well, IA in general is a fluid, dynamic process...expect the unexpected). Fortunately, big brother C has been keeping us busy with his antics (guess it'll be time to update his blog as well...a project for another day).

I was looking back at C's blog and realized that two years ago on the 26th, we received C's referral. Wouldn't it be interesting if we received our daughter's referral this month as well? Speculation, of course (perhaps more wishful thinking than anything).

The understanding and perspective of time is extremely helpful. Simultaneously, it feels as though we've been on the waitlist both a brief moment of time and an eternity. I've seen our name move up the unofficial list and hope that, in another brief period of time, our process will take the next step.

Waiting is never easy. But, I do remember the wait seemed so minimal when the referral call took place. I hold on to that thought as the days continue to pass. It's not a matter of if the referral will take place, it's a matter of when...

So for now, I sit here listening to the sounds of silence (with the exception of the drumming of the keyboard) and remain hopeful the call will be received soon. I gained renewed joy as I read updates on blogs and hear about other families who have been waiting longer (and sometimes shorter) receiving their referrals, passing court, and traveling to be united with their precious bundles of joy.

Life is good...

4 comments:

Jebena said...

All things are possible...I pray you all receive your referral this month too!

Anonymous said...

I think you will get your referral this month! How exciting!

Amy said...

I am checking your blog for referral news! We are way down on the list behind you, only 2 months in. :)

Susan and Chad said...

I so know what you mean - I absolutely love to read of good news on others' blogs...it is always beautiful - always! Waiting with you...