Friday, February 13, 2009

Sweethearts

With Valentine's Day approaching, I spoke w/ C to help him understand the concept of Valentines and "sweethearts." I told him that Ba and he were my sweethearts and that he and I were Ba's sweethearts. So then, I asked C who his sweetheart was. He smiled and said, "My sister."

Tonight, as we were helping C prepare for bed (as per our usual routine) and asked C which books he would like to read. He looked at us, pointed to the small books in his bookcase and said, "small books for baby sister."

There are times it seems that time is moving at warp speed. Counting today, we have been on the waitlist for 134 days -or-
4 months, 11 days -or-
19 weeks -or-
3,216 hours -or-
192,960 minutes (Hopefully we won't reach 525,600 minutes!) -or-
11,577,600 seconds (but who's counting?)

Based on new estimates from our agency, families are waiting (on average) 6 1/2 month to receive a referral. So, we hope to receive a referral sometime between E's and my birthdays (March 25th and April 25th).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now is the time to start blogging! Your referral is on the way!