Our family is now at the top of the unofficial "list" for an infant girl. Congratulations to the families who recently received referrals (*June is busting out all over* with referrals) and those families who have passed court. For the families who did not pass court, we are hopeful for your success on your next court date (which, hopefully will be very soon).
Some of our local Gladney families are either in ET or preparing to travel. We look forward to seeing your little ones home!
I still remain cautiously optimistic in receiving a referral this month. However, I have to remind myself that this process reveals itself in due course. It amazing to think that at this very moment, our daughter is in Ethiopia right now, hopefully receiving lots of love from her nannies. Although I do not know whom she is, her name, or what she looks like, she is already very much a part of our family and loved by her Ba, Mum-mum, and big brother C and the rest of our "clan" (E's paternal grandfather was born in Ireland, so indeed they are our clan).
At Mother's Day this year, I performed a song called "You Are Loved." The one word in the lyrics was slightly modified to take in account that although we were not present for their births, the love for our children grew in our hearts, rather than our bodies. The words are so meaningful and I want to share them with you:
"You Are Loved" (words and music by Cindy Berry - copyright 2004 GlorySound)
When I look into your eyes I see the wonder of a child "loved" and formed by the Lord.
A precious child created in His image, according to His word.
And wherever your path may lead you, I want you always to know;
You are loved, dear child, you are loved.
You are loved, you are special, you are loved by your fam'ly and friends.
And you are loved by your heavenly Father, with a love that never ends.
As you listen to the voice of the Father, may you follow Him day by day.
May you feel His loving arms around you, guiding and showing you the way.
And wherever your path may lead you, I want you always to know;
You are loved, dear child, you are loved.
You are loved, dear child, you are loved.
Family Blog
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment