C has won his first election! He has been elected Vice President of 4-H of the afterschool program at Carl Furr Elementary. I asked him how he won:
C: "I got 14 votes. The other person got 36."
E: "That made him president?"
C: "Yup."
E: "How did they know who to vote for?"
C: "We couldn't use our faces."
E: "So they didn't know what you looked like? Didn't some of them know who you were?"
C: "Yea, the people who knew me voted for me."
E: "What about everybody else? How did they vote if they didn't know either of you?"
C: "They just picked somebody." [Dr. H observes: Much like every other election. God Bless America!]
E: "Did you campaign? What did you tell people to ask them to vote for you?"
C: "Put the vote in the back. I'm more sweaty!"
[Dr. H: After several attempts at clarification, I still have no idea what that means or why in the world anyone would vote for someone with that campaign slogan. If there is a political science explanation, I suppose it is: 1) C came in second; 2) campaign slogans don't matter in 3rd grade either.]
Family Blog
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment