Monday, April 11, 2011

Mischief of One Kind And Another

Last night we were reading Peter Rabbit as a bedtime story.  Early in the book, Peter is described as getting into mischief.  When I read that line, M made a very odd facial expression--sort of exasperated disgust that the author would make such an unprovoked accusation.  I asked her, "Mena, do you get into mischief?"  Without delay, she replied assertively, "Yes, daddy!"  And there you have it...

C asked another adoption question out of the blue at dinner the other night.  He turned to T and asked, "If I wasn't in your tummy when I was a baby, does that mean I have another family?"  Gulp!  Fortunately T is always prepared with an answer in these situations, and replied, "Another woman carried you in her tummy.  She is your birth mother but you are part of our family.  Ba and I wanted to have a family and didn't think we could have children so we adopted you into our family."  He then moved on to another topic so was apparently satisfied.  But you still have to wonder how long that question--and the reasoning behind it--had been stewing around in his head before he asked it.

Ellie just had her 4 month appt and is 11 lbs 10 oz and 24.5 inches.  She is very close to rolling over so we've moved her into her crib in the pink room which she and M now share.  She's sleeping less during the day, but is doing well at night; generally waking up once or sometimes twice to feed then going back to sleep immediately.  She smiles alot and prefers to be held and kept moving constantly.  She'll "talk" with you a bit.  She does not suck on her thumb, generally preferring all of her fingers instead.

No comments: