Though since it was Sunday and the day after Christmas, we didn't get off of work or school. Still. Any snow day (without ice) is a good day. The kids and I went out in the morning. We had a hand-me-down snow suit for M. She had trouble walking around in the snow in it, however, and when she'd topple over (frequently), she couldn't get herself back to standing position. So C and I spent a lot of time pulling her upright. We also had three (!!!) sets of hand-me-down boots for her--including a set in pink to go with the snow suit. Now that's accessorizing! (Where are my pink boots when I need them?) Unfortunately, all three sets of boots were a bit too big, so she kept kicking them off and walking around in the snow in her socks. Needless to say, she went back inside rather quickly. But not before we got lots of good photos of her in the snow.

C helped me clean off the car. And got his wish to throw snowballs and to build a snowman. The snow was perfect for packing and snowman building. As I shoveled the snow from the driveway, I dumped it in a pile for C and I to use as the body of the snowman. C used the snow from the hood of the car to form a massive head for the snowman. Remarkably, it held together all the way from the car to the snowman and even held together when we set it on the body. But then we tried to pack a neck around it to hold it steady and it split into three large sections. Humpy Dumpty may not go back together again, but C and I were able to refashion the head. Then find some scraps of whatever is lying around for a nose, a hat and scarf, and bingo--a passable snowman.
Now, how to keep the kids entertained the rest of the week...
No comments:
Post a Comment