We celebrated our one year anniversary with M today. She got two special treats: a piece of cake and a baby doll we got for her in Ethiopia. (When going through the bag of Gotcha Day gifts, I noticed the gifts are almost all for older children. So, while she's too young to remember receiving the same doll before, she may get it for a few more Gotcha Days. My grandmother would be proud: She loved to give recycled gifts and cards--and then would deny it and pretend to be insulted when you pointed it out.)
C was so excited when he got home from school today. His class had their first trip to the library. And he could not believe that they let him take a book home with him. But he also made sure that T and I understood that we had to return it next week. He and I sat down on the couch to read it right away. Until he decided that he wanted to look at the pictures first (though he did tell me what was happening). By the time he was done looking at the pictures, he was ready to play on the computer. But M had just arrived downstairs from her nap and plunked herself in my lap. So at least I got to read about Clifford to someone!
No comments:
Post a Comment