- Completed our Gladney application
- Made our first payment
- Sent in a lot of forms to Gladney and KBS Dossier
- Requested certified copies of several documents for the dossier
- Become very familiar w/ the Automated Postal Service machine at our local post office
- Completed our ET training (fortunately our preparation for C's adoption was counted toward our Hague training)
- Sent (and resent) our I-600A application and payment (**note to future adoptive parents - make sure you read the instructions carefully...your payment needs to cover both the main application fee (currently $670) PLUS $80 per adult for biometric fees**)
As I finally grow tired for the night, I am truly amazed at how tranquil and calm I feel during this process. We are working steadily to complete our Gladney application and the dossier. Perhaps these feelings stem from having an incredibly strong support network of family and friends (and having gone through the process once before) and knowing that we will be united with our daughter when the time is right.
We don't know whether our daughter has been born yet but I am already growing a strong bond of parental love for this child who will one day in the near future be united with her family.
1 comment:
that is a lot of progress! Congrats!
Post a Comment